Madhuri Sharma is world fame Brij folk singer placed in the Top grade of All India Radio and Doordarshan, which is their highest category of gradation in music. She has been performing in various countries, as well as across all the states of Indian Republic. Music is her passion and she is committed to spread the beauty of Folk Music to the largest extent across the globe.
Madhuri is based at birth city of lord Shree Krishna, Mathura and there itself she completed her education in M.A. Sangeet Visharad. Madhuri has an association with music by her birth as music already existed in her family as heredity. Her maternal father Pt. Ghashi Raam Ji Sharma from Goverdhan was a well known Rasiya Gayak and Rasiya lyric writer too.
Madhuri has a 38 years long association With All India Radio. She achieved B grade in Folk Music in 1976, B High grade in 1986, A grade in 1991 and then AIR and Doordarshan awarded Madhuri with the TOP grade 2012, which is their highest category of gradation in music.
- To present Brij Rasiya of Mathura and Vrindavan in a conventional style of Brij Rasiya which were earlier been performed in form of Lok Geet and Lok Bhajan.
- To present the Brij Folk Music in classical style.
- Stage presentation completely in Brij bhasha.
- Presenting Singing – Music – Dancing, all three unique features of stage items with required expressions in a co-related style.
- Participated in folk music programs organized by almost all stations of All India Radio before invited audience. Majorly these stations are – Agra, Lucknow, Varanasi, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Najibabad, Raampur, Mathura, Bareilly, Obra, Almora, Gwalior, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Guna, Shahdol, Shivpuri, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Udaipur, Ahemdabad, Bhuj, Rajkot, Baroda, Shimla, Jammu, Patna, Darbhanga, Ranchi, Bhagalpur, Sambalpur, Kolkata, Durgapur, Gangtok, Kurseong, Siligudi, Rohtak, Delhi etc.
- Performed in the cultural functions organized by the State and Central government in various part of India viz. Dussehara Utsav of Kullu, Ganga Mahotsava of Varanasi, Brij Mahotsava of Mathura, Aadivasi Mahostsava of Himachal, Rangotsava of Gujrat, Lokotsava of Shivpuri, Taj Mahotsava of Agra, Kartik Mela of Faridabad, Kumbh Mela of Allahabad, and Meera Mahotsava of Chittorgarh.
- I also performed at several remote places of India where generally artists do not prefer to go due to lack of facilities over there. These places are – Daang district of Gujrat, Turapatti of Kusinagar, UP, Naliya area of Bhuj, Keolang Sthal of district Lahol, HP.
- I also presented folk music program in the Lok Jhankar Program which was prepared by National Family Welfare Department and this program was then broadcasted by all AIR stations of Uttar Pradesh. The same program was again broadcasted in 2003.
- A program based on Ceremonial songs of Brij was prepared by AIR Lucknow and was broadcasted by all AIR stations of UP. I played an anchor role in this program.
- A comprehensive project of folk songs, generally sung in Brij area was prepared by me which included complete details of ceremonial geet (from birth to death) festival songs, Rasiya, Dhola, Lavani, Lok bhajans and Folk songs and submitted to All India Radio, Mathura for archive purpose.
- In year of 1991, 92, 94, 96, 98, 99 and 2000 my programs were broadcasted for Holi, Saawan, Vivah and Dehati songs under AIR’s Rashtriya Lok and Sugam Sangeet Karyakram.
- In 2005 a special Holi based program Aayo Fagun Maas was broadcasted under AIR’s Rashtriya Lok and Sugam Sangeet Karyakram. In this program I contributed in area of singing, music composition, collection of songs, translation and presentation of songs.
- In the year 2006 the National Broadcast Service Centre of Delhi station arranged recordings of ceremonial songs. Again in the year 2008 Saawan ke Geet and Folk songs (humorous) in my performance were recorded. Later in the year 2009 some Holi songs were also recorded and broadcasted from Air Delhi.
- On 10th February 2007, a special program of folk and sugam sangeet Vasantotsava was organized at Bikaner by Director General of AIR Prasar Bharti. This program was witnessed by then Deputy Director General of AIR, Delhi.
- I made a unique presentation of folk music under Awards ceremony of Directorate General, AIR Delhi.
- I have sung in various episodes in Gangavatarn and Uddhav Shatak.
- In year 2009 the recordings of ceremonial songs (birth to death) was also arranged at Delhi Station of AIR.
- On the occasion of Kumbh Mela dated 27th February 2010, AIR Mathura organized a big program of folk music evening at Vrindavan. In this program a unique presentation of devotional folk songs to river Yamuna jee and Shree Banke Biharii jee was performed by me and companions. This program also included attractive Holi festival by dance group of various states. Later AIR Mathura also issued a letter of appreciation for my stage performance. On this occasion various important persons from Brij and officers of AIR and TV were present.
- On March 10, 2011 I performed in the music program Lok Ras arranged by AIR Varanasi. The performance was appreciated by the audience including Station Director Mr. V.K. Singh and City Magistrate.
- On March 14, 2011 a vast musical drama – Uddhav Shatak was recorded at National Broadcasting Center of AIR New Delhi. Being a multi episode program the recording continued for several days. This composition is written by Jagannath Das Ratnakar and was later broadcasted.
- I participated in the radio concert – Mahak Malhaar, which was organized by AIR Mathura on August 6, 2011. The concert was organized at Gyandeep Auditorium, Mathura and stage presentation was done for Savan geet and Malhaar. Galin Galin manra phire, Malhar, Duet songs, and Chandna were appreciated by the audience.
- I did participate in radio concert arranged by AIR Delhi Videsh Vibhag on February 24, 2012. In this program I with my 18 member troupe performed Brij Ki Holi. Director General of AIR Delhi was special guest in the program.
- I did participate in Radio Concert organized by AIR Jaipur on March 2, 2012. In this program I and my troupe presented Rasiya, Flowers Holi in a traditional way which was full heartedly appreciated by the live audience and Army Staff.
- I did participate in Radio Concert organized by AIR Varanasi on March 10, 2012. In this program I and my troupe presented Rasiya, Holi, Languria and Charkula dance in a traditional way which was full heartedly appreciated by the live audience and Sansriti Minister and Station Director V.K. Singh.
- On 19 January 2013 a huge music concert was organized by AIR Allahabad on occasion of Maha Kumbh Mela. In this concert I and my group performed Lok songs and Brij Ki Holi. On this occasion Assistant Director General AIR Lucknow Gulab Chand Jee was also presented.
- On 29 January 2013 AIR Lucknow organized devotional music evening in remembrance of Jayasi Kavi. This program was done at district library of Amethi. In the program I with my group performed traditional Brij Ki Holi and Folk Songs. The presentation was enjoyed by State Agriculture Minister Sh. Rajaram Pandey jee and DM Amethi. Other artist in this program were Ahmed Hussain and Mohamed Hussain from Jaipur and also Wadali brothers from Punjab.
- On 9 February 2013 AIR Lucknow arranged a Folk Music Concert in Lakheempur Kheeri. This program was arranged on inauguration of AIR FM channel. In this program live audience appreciated my performance of folk songs.
Performance in foreign countries
- In the year 1991 Asian Broadcasting Union organized a world song festival at Kualalampur the capital of Malaysiain which I represented India and gave a live performance over there.
- In 1994 when Commonwealth Games were organized at Victoria – CanadaI was one of the Indian Artist who gave a live music performance there. During the program at Canada I also participated in a Radio concert, this was broadcasted by CBC Victoria – Canada.
Presentation in Central Production Centre (CPC)
- During 2003, CPC New Delhi produced a special program on the occasion of Shree Krishna Janmashtami, based on Brij Folk Songs. I was the main participant in the program.
Indian Council Of Cultural Relations (ICCR)
- In the year 2004 “Madhuri Sharma and Party” was selected as Folk song group by ICCR New Delhi. In addition we were also approved with a Dance group of Brij Folk songs.
- On 10th January 2006, on the occasion of World Hindi Diwas a cultural program was organized at Hotel Oberoi, Delhi. The program was arranged by ICCR Delhi. In this program I along with my companions presented famous Brij Folk Songs (Rasiya and Lok Bhajan) and unique presentation of Brij Holi given by me. The function was also presided over by state minister of External Affairs Shree Rao Indrajeet Singh. This cultural function was held just before the dinner organized by foreign minister. Lot of foreign ambassadors of various countries were present on the occasion.
- Gave performance on National Channel of DD in the year 1994 for 45 minutes. Later this program was repeatedly broadcasted a many times.
- In the year 2001 on the eve of inauguration Doordarshan Kendra Mathura a special cultural program on occasion of Krishna Janmashtami was arranged in which BriFolk Songs were presented by me. The program was also telecasted at abroad.
- I was nominated by Prasar Bharti as un-official member of Program Advisory Committee of All India Radio, Mathura.
- Nominated member from Mathura district for Sanskriti, Maintenance of Uthan Samiti of Uttar Pradesh Sanskriti Vibhag, Lucknow.
- Nominated as a member of Music Listening Committee of Folk songs for AIR Mathura and AIR Delhi.
My role as a Judge
- I was selected as a judge of the Nirnayak mandal of the Music Audition Board of Calcutta in 1992.
- Uttar Pradesh Cultural Department and Vrindavan Shodh Sansthan Jointly organized “Brij Lokotsava 2003” and there I was nominated as judge.
- On 24th November 2003, ETV Uttar Pradesh arranged a program named “Folk Ka Jalwa” in which I was nominated as a Judge.
- Performed various role of Judge in several cultural functions organized by famous institution in and around Mathura.
- In 28-31 March 2011, I was invited as a member of audition board in recording session of Folk and Light music auditions, New Delhi.